Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association Guidelines for Submission of Papers
The American Psychotherapy Association is seeking from members well-written, organized essays for publication in the Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association.
- Manuscripts should be checked for content and style (correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar; accuracy and consistency in the citation of figures, tables, and references; stylistic uniformity of entries in the references section; etc.).
- Manuscript length may be from a few paragraphs up to 3 typed pages, double-spaced on one side of 8-1/2 x 11 inch paper using generous margins on all sides, and submit the original and three copies (including copies of all illustrations and tables). A computer diskette must accompany article, with the article saved in text format.
- All manuscripts should include a title page consisting of the following: title of the article, authors name, and running head. The running head is a one sentence description of article and should be less than 80 characters.
- A list of 3-5 key words should be provided. Key words should express the precise content of the manuscript, as they are used for indexing purposes.
- Illustrations (photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts) are to be numbered in consecutive series. The captions for illustrations should be typed on the same page as the illustration.
- Tables should be numbered and referred to by a number in the text. Each table should be typed on a separate sheet of paper. Center the title above the table, and type explanatory footnotes (preferably indicated by super-script lowercase letters) below the table.
- References and their text citations should be prepared as the reference style recommended in the 1995 Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Fourth Edition). List references alphabetically at the end of the paper and refer to them in the text by name and year in parentheses. References should include (in this order): last names and initials of all authors, year published, title of article, name of publication, volume number, and inclusive pages.
These guidelines are subject to changes as determined by the Editorial Advisory Board.
Mail submissions to:
Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association
2750 E. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804
[ home ] [ apa ] [ psychotherapy ] [ membership ] [ diplomate status ] [ annual meeting ] [ annals ] [ e-mail ]