21 Benefits of Diplomate Status
- Acknowledgment of professional competence in psychotherapy.
- Support in development of professional identity as a psychotherapist.
- Diplomates are the distinguished professionals in the field.
- National recognition for the therapist.
- Promotes psychotherapy and its benefits to insurance companies.
- Diplomate status may bring increased opportunities for professional collaboration.
- Peer support for psychotherapists.
- Brings together like-minded professionals for exchange of information.
- Formally recognizes excellence and achievement.
- Peer recognition for attained excellence.
- Group solidarity.
- Documentation of experience.
- Credentials enhancement.
- Professional affiliation.
- Provides assurance to the public that the Diplomate has met the highest standards set
forth by the American Psychotherapy Association.
- Enhanced professional status.
- Adds credibility with prospective clients.
- Prestige and professional visibility.
- Promotes the advancement and betterment of the profession.
- Diplomate status promotes career advancements.
- The Diplomate distinction encourages and motivates professional psychotherapists to
strive for excellence in all they undertake.
] [ apa ] [ psychotherapy ] [ membership ] [ diplomate status ] [ annual meeting ] [ annals ] [ e-mail ]