The benefits of membership in APA are numerous and far reaching. Membership provides psychotherapists with a national association that can provide leadership, structure, intervention, counsel, a self-regulatory board and a cohesive membership with the purpose of providing credentialing, support, leadership, education, and a voice for psychotherapy.
Through APA endorsement and Diplomate Status standards can be implemented, isolation is eradicated, and professionalism is validated.
Benefits of APA Membership include:
- Participation in an organization that is primarily concerned about both the individual member who practices psychotherapy and those receiving their services.
- Recognition of psychotherapists who have made significant contribution to the field of psychotherapy.
- Confidence in contacting other members, knowing that they are professionals in the field of psychotherapy.
- Promotion of psychotherapy as a valid treatment recognized by the health care industry.
- Opportunities for growth as a psychotherapist is encouraged through mentoring and role models.
- Elevation of professional standards for the practice of psychotherapy.
- Opportunities to attend professional conferences.
- Research, education and support services.