| Diplomate Status |
Requirements for Diplomate Status |
Benefits of Diplomate Status |
Benefits of Diplomate Status
- Acknowledgment of professional competence in psychotherapy.
- Support development of professional identity as a psychotherapist.
- Distinguishes professionals in the field.
- Recognizes psychotherapists on a national scale.
- Promotes psychotherapy and its benefits to healthcare companies.
- Increases opportunities for professional collaboration.
- Offers support for psychotherapists.
- Brings together like-minded professionals for exchange of information.
- Recognizes excellence and achievement.
- Enhances peer recognition for attained excellence.
- Creates group solidarity.
- Documents experience.
- Enhances visibility for the credential holder.
- Indicates professional affiliation with a national organization.
- Provides assurance to the public that the Diplomate has met the highest standards set forth by the American Psychotherapy Association.
- Enhances professional status.
- Adds credibility for prospective clients.
- Promotes prestige and professional visibility.
- Promotes the advancement and betterment of the profession.
- Promotes career advancements.
- Encourages and motivates professional psychotherapists to strive for excellence in all they undertake to better the human condition.
American Psychotherapy Association, Inc.
2750 East Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804