| Conference Information |
Call For Papers - Abstract Form |
APA Conference 2001 - Call For Papers |
Keynote Speaker |
Opryland Activities |
Program Schedule |
Hotel Information |
APA CONFERENCE 2001
Call for Papers
October 4-7, 2001
Opryland Hotel Nashville
'Empowering Therapists for a World of Change'
The APA invites four-hour workshops on each of the following topics:
- Nuts and Bolts of Practice
- Stress Management
- Spirituality in Psychotherapy
- Axis II Evaluation and Treatments
Additionally, one- to two-hour sessions are sought on:
- Treating Chronic Pain
- Treating Anxiety
- Treating Depression
- Treating Couples
- Treating Substance Abuse
- Treating Loss and Grief
- Ethics in Psychotherapy
- ADHD Updates
- Hypnosis Training
- Prevention and Treatment of Suicide
- Sexual Abuse
Workshop: Four (4) hour didactic presentations given by one or two instructors
Sessions: One (1) to two (2) hours sessions given by one instructor Workshop and session topics are encouraged to be interdisciplinary and must stress recent knowledge. Proposals will be selected based on their relevance to the conference theme, engaging format, style and clarity. Those selected to present will be notified by May 1, 2001. Selected presenters must agree in writing to attend and facilitate their presentations and to provide
handout materials for workshop participants.
Guidelines for Participation
- Workshop proposals must include the following components to be considered:
- A 150 word description and 3-4 learning objectives of your workshop
for the conference brochure, with a title reflecting the proposed workshop's content.
- An abstract of your workshop (not to exceed two double-spaced typed pages) summarizing the proposed workshop's content, describes the presentation format and identifies the target audience.
- A brief biographical summary/resume (not to exceed one double-spaced typed page) of each presenter.
- A black/white professional photo of the presenter.
- Submit three (3) single-sided copies of the information above to:
APA Conference 2001
2750 E. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804.
- Proposals must be received no later than March 15, 2001.
Please note: American Psychotherapy Association may publish part or all of the proceedings of this conference. By presenting at the conference, you
agree that APA has the right to include your presentation in a future publication, should it decide to do so. You are not precluded from publishing your material elsewhere, nor is APA obligated to include your presentation in any book or monograph that may arise from this conference. Presenters at this APA conference are expected to register for the conference and pay their own expenses.
The abstract form must be completed and along with your proposal. You can complete this form online by clicking here . A separate form must be completed for each presenter.