Get Involved: Help With the Many Aspects of Certification
The dynamics of advancing professionally and seeking new opportunities has transformed with the changing, competitive economy. Employers are recognizing the value and importance of a workforce with identifiable, usable skill sets, as well as the benefits that surround added experience and accomplishments.
Certification is the validation of one's knowledge, skills, and abilities in a specific area. It is a voluntary process that shows dedication to the betterment of one's expertise and signifies devotion to proficiency and professional enhancement. Obtaining a certification can open avenues for advancement, provide financial incentives, increase one's credibility, and give personal recognition.
The American Psychotherapy Association (APA) is committed to advancing the many disciplines of psychotherapy and is working diligently to be the leader in psychotherapy-related certifications. We utilize advisory boards and subject matter experts on a regular basis to develop standards for psychotherapy professionals worldwide. Included among the Members of The American Psychotherapy Association are foremost experts in these fields who provide valuable insight into reference materials, bodies of knowledge, and standards, which are vital aspects of certification programs.
Are you interested in making a difference in your field? There are several avenues of participation:
- Serve on a Certification Advisory Board --> (email@example.com)
- Participate in Development of a Body of Knowledge --> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Serving on a Certification Committee --> (email@example.com)
- Mentoring Opportunities --> (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Download the Body of Knowledge Submission Manual - American Psychotherapy Association Body of Knowledge Submission Manual
What's in it for you?
- Personal Recognition
- Professional Exposure
- Networking and Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to Benefit and Give Back to Your Profession
Contact the registrar: email@example.com for more information regarding guidelines, expectations, and submissions.