Online CE courses meet the busy professionals's need for convenience and quality.
Articles are in PDF format. This requires Adobe Reader be installed.
How do I take an online course?
- Read a continuing education article.
- Complete the exam. Be sure to answer all questions and to give only one response per question unless otherwise stated in the question. Unanswered questions will be considered as incorrect.
- Complete the evaluation form. The evaluation form is at the end of the exam. Be sure to complete it after the exam questions.
- Submit exam, evaluation, and payment.
The exam can be taken on-line with credit card payment OR the exam form can be printed out, completed at your convenience, and mailed or faxed in with payment.
- Credits. Each completed course will earn the participant one (1) continuing education credit. If the exam is passed with a grade of 70 percent or above, a certificate of completion for 1 continuing education credit will be mailed to the address you provide within two weeks from completion of the course. Participants will receive three opportunities to pass the exam. Any questions, grievances or comments can be directed to the CE Department at telephone (417)823-0173 or toll free (800)205-9165, fax (417)823-9959, or by e-mail.
- Fee. Each completed course is FREE for members and $25.00 for non-members. No refunds allowed. Payable by check or credit card (credit card only online) to:
American Psychotherapy Association
Attn: CE Department
2750 East Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804
OR Fax to: 417-823-9959
- Policy on Privacy & Confidentiality: The American Psychotherapy Association agrees to retain all personal and professional information pertaining to any of its members as confidential and not to use said information on the company's behalf or disclose same to any third party at any time. Specifically, American Psychotherapy Association agrees not to disclose, in any form, directly or indirectly, any information of any kind, nature, or description concerning any matter relating to the business or personal life of any American Psychotherapy Association member without the express approval of the member in question. The American Psychotherapy Association acknowledges that the requirement not to disclose confidential information applies both during membership and after the termination of membership.
- Copyright of the CE activities found on the American Psychotherapy Association website remain with the American Psychotherapy Association. The opinions and conclusions expressed in the content of these activities are not necessarily the opinions and conclusions of the American Psychotherapy Association. All authors and instructors of the American Psychotherapy Association Continuing Education are charged with obtaining the appropriate permission and documentation for research included or cited within the activities.
- If you would like to submit an article for publication in the Annals or submit an online self-study article, you may contact the editor by e-mail or toll free 800-205-9165. We accept articles on all aspects of psychotherapy.
- Technical assistance is available by contacting the web administrator by e-mail.